If you’re surprised that T shirt design competitions are so popular, and that there is serious money to be made from winning them, then perhaps you’re tempted to enter.
Here’s why they are so popular.
1. They appeal to all people who are artistic. Perhaps those who already in the design or fashion field, to those that work in a completely different industry or environment.
2. A good T-shirt designer doesn’t necessarily have to have their finger on the pulse of fashion Scarves. They might know what colours go well together, or what people will find funny, or would like to wear.
3. Some designs and ideas will work well on a website, or on the printed page, and some others will work better on products or packaging. It’s not hard to see what sort of thing will work on a t-shirt. Because you don’t have to be a graphic or fashion designer to enter, anyone could win a T-shirt design competition.
4. Because using wit or a slogan, or even a play on words or a catchphrase can work well on a T shirt, you don’t need to be a writer, or great with words to create something amusing on a T shirt.
5. Because designs can be created and printed almost immediately, T shirt competitions are ideal for showing off topical or satirical designs.
6. Another reason for the popularity of T shirt design competitions that it’s an ideal way for people who want to get into design or fashion to get recognised. They might also want to see how they do when compared against the competition, or profession T shirt designers.
7. Perhaps some people have already got some t-shirt design ideas, but haven’t got the time to make them into T-shirts. By entering competitions, they stand the chance of winning and having their T shirt designs turned into actual T shirts.
8. Thanks to the internet, word of mouth and social media, it’s easy to find a design competition. The T shirt community is thriving, and there’s always a competition going on, and ways to find more inspiration.
9. Perhaps some people want the want the recognition and fame that come s from winning. They might have been creative for many years and not had the outlet for their designs until recently.
10. Maybe some people enter T shirt design competitions to enter to win, and want the prize money. Some successful T shirt designers actually make a living out of entering competitions and winning them. Could you?